Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Radio Killed the Blog Star... Or, Tonight in the East Bay

As you can see below, I’m going to start posting my playlists on the blog. You never know when these things might come in handy. Plus it’s very little work for me, since I’m already posting them on KUSF’s Tribe.net website.

I don’t believe I’ve informed you about my new permanent-for-eight-months shift. It’s every Tuesday morning from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. PST. I know this is a bit early for most of you in the Bay Area (but if you wake up in the middle of the night or just have a rowdy evening, tune in). On the bright side, East Coast and Third Coast readers (you know who you are, although it isn’t entirely clear why you read a blog that’s mostly about shows in San Francisco (oh, its cuz the blog is just so damn good)), this is good for you 9-to-5’ers who can tune in when you get up in the morning.

Enough about the show (which has been keeping me swamped and depriving you of my compiled show knowledge), and on to some show advice for tonight:

Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Green Milk from the Planet Orange
The Stork Club (Oakland)
$5

First thing about GMftPO: Great name. Second thing: They’re a Japanese rock band, and we all know how much I love my Japanese rock. Third thing: They started off as a grindcore band, but now play heavy, experimental psych-rock. Fourth thing: I’ve been meaning to catch these guys for over a year but haven’t been able to. And they play here more than any other Japanese band I can think of. Seems like at least 6 times in the past year. Damn it. One of these days… Just not tonight, as I’m all sorts of tore up after my graveyard last night and the East Bay seems so far. For those interested, rounding out the bill: Metal/progressive noise power-trio Totimoshi out of Oakland, avant-rock Bay Area transplants No Doctors and local noise-folks Sixes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home