Thursday, May 04, 2006

Who Feels Like a Quickie?

I do:

As for Thursday, Cat Power and the Memphis Rhythm Band perform tonight at the Palace of Fine Arts. Despite all the negative reviews I had heard of Chan Marshall’s live performances, she seemed confident and put on what I discerned through my pounding headache to be a beautiful show on Saturday night at the festival. The early show at 6:30 p.m. at the Hemlock features Joe Morris, Henry Kaiser, Damon Smith and Weasel Walter, all respected improvisers on their own, performing some collective improvisational experiments.

Friday night, over in Berkeley at 924 Gilman, you can check out a rare live performance from local experimental jazz grindcore band Total Shutdown. In the city on Friday, Still Flyin’, a reggae group composed of local indie rock musicians, plays the Hemlock, and from everything I’ve heard (which is reviews from a number of sources) they are supposed to be great fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home