Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spend 4/20 with 3 Japanese Girls!!!

It’s not too late to decide to head on over to the Great American Music Hall and check out Dinosaur Jr. with support from Comets on Fire and Priestess. So gosh darn rock, right there. If you've already got plans, perhaps we should move on to the less immediate future.

Thursday, April 20, 2006
Ex-Girl
Bottom of the Hill
$10

Flower costumes. Stuffed frogs. Body paint. Don’t be fooled by Japanese all-girl trio Ex-Girl. They aren’t going to play Japanese pop. They are going to rock you out of your mind with their guitar/bass/drums/voice experimental-opera-metal-prog-fusion-wtf music. Their last show at Bottom of the Hill is down as one of my favorite shows ever. The opera-esque vocals are completely mesmerizing and you will have no idea what is coming next for the entire show. Looking for some music to accompany your 4/20? This is the show for you. Abstaining? This is the show for you. Highest possible recommendation.

Saturday, April 22, 2006
Beginners Meditation Class
Berkeley Buddhist Priory
Free (9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)

In the spirit of mixing it up a little, here’s a free event (although you need to RSVP in advance, as space is limited). It’s a meditation seminar consisting of a talk on mediation, a meditation, and a discussion on mindfulness and meditation. A reliable source informs me that the Priory is quality. Website: Click here Now you can’t say I didn’t help make your life a little more peaceful, bitches.

Saturday, April 22, 2006
Single Frame and The Arm
Hotel Utah
$7

Austin is (once again) invading San Francisco. Single Frame will smack you across the face with their acid-kraut-arena-punk-new-wave-disco-disaster-art-rock-freakout-nuclear-wasteland-soundtrack. I think that’s what I wrote in my SXSW preview. I don’t have it with me, but I’ll try and hook it up for you. It'll save me time and provide for more throught-through writing for you. Right now I’ve got to run. Priestess beckons me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home