Thursday, February 09, 2006

T.G.I.F. (Totally Great Ideas for Friday)

Look at me, back to regular posting again. And tooting my own horn. These are GREAT ideas, folks (if you disagree, just substitute "Good" for "Great," but it sounds to me like you don't really know what you're talking about anyway).

Friday, February 10, 2006
Stars
Amoeba
7:00, Free

Friday, February 10, 2006
Stars
The Fillmore
$20

For those of you who decide to stay and see some chamber pop after The Black Angels’ set on Thursday night and can’t get enough of the whole chamber pop thing, I’ve got some good news for the rich and poor alike. Montreal’s Stars bring their electro-chamber pop thing to both Amoeba (for the poor) and the Fillmore (for the rich) on Friday. Vocalists Torquil Campbell (sound like Morrissey anyone else?) and Amy Millan do the boy-girl back and forth singing re: mostly breaking up and relationship problems over some catchy, happy pop hooks. If you feel like pining over a lost love while dancing awkwardly, go check ‘em out.


Friday, February 10, 2006
The Fucking Champs
12 Galaxies
$10

I know, I know. I plug these guys every time they play. Perhaps you should go check them out so they can shove their instrumental metal riffage down your throat. Just try not to bang your head. Good luck with that. Let me know how it works out for you.

Friday, February 10, 2006
Club 6
Interwoven
Free before 9 p.m., $5 after

Something a little different for those who want to take in art while they rock out. Local Heather Hannoura, best known for her work on the Alakline Trio album covers, has the solo exhibit and there's a huge group exhibit in the main room. Live music by the noisy Jarboe (of Swans fame), local metal act Ludicra, Amber Asylum and Norther Emily Carson. And there's DJs too to make sure you don't get bored.

My lunch break is over so I'll have to get back to you on the rest of the weekend. Sometimes you just have to wait for it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home