Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Coming Back at You with Brews and Beats

I know I’ve been posting less than usual. Doesn’t exactly encourage loyal readership, does it? What can I say? That I have a big post coming, and it’s not quite ready? Just in case people are looking for something to do tonight, I wanted to offer some guidance.

If you haven’t been to Magnolia Pub and Brewery and you enjoy beer, you are now officially advised to make it over there for some delicious brews. Also, please be advised that February is “Strong Beer Month.” I’ve already sampled four of them, and they were all delicious. And they all clocked in around 10% in the alcohol department. Dangerous. Especially so on Tuesday, when pints are half-price and will run you a mere $2.50. You know where my roommate and I will be every Tuesday this month.

If you’re not in the mood for drinking, but rather from some hip hop (feel free to drink at the show if you go, of course):

Tuesday, February 7, 2006
The Vowel Movement
StudioZ.tv
$5 - $15 sliding scale

I just heard one of KALX’s DJs talking up this and it sounded interesting, so I did a little research and I assure you it will be. The Vowel Movement is a monthly beatboxing party with all sorts of other stuff (breakdancing, instrumentalists, poets, MCs, etc.) going on. The two headliners this month are locals Infinite & Soulati of Felonius. I’ve seen these two beatbox together at a Felonius show, and it was some of the best beatboxing I’ve seen (excluding seeing Rahzel do his thing a couple times back in college). You will not believe some of the sounds that these guys make. Support from DJ Kid Beyond and a bunch of guests should round out the bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home